IV in the home
TCP Group utilises our unique suite of homecare and logistical services to deliver enhanced patient care in the community setting, whilst reducing treatment costs for healthcare providers. Our vast experience in this arena enables us to work with the HSE in designing enhanced patient care services in areas such as;
- Haemophilia Services
- Chemotherapy in the Home
- OPAT – Outpatient Parenteral Antimicrobial Therapy (IV antibiotics in the Home)
- IV therapies in the Home
- CIVU (Community Infusion and Venesection Units)
- Negative Pressure Therapy / Wound Care Management
- Parenteral Nutrition
- OPD Clinic Support
Our services can be adapted to a range of treatments and patients, subject to certain conditions;
- Patient Profile – apart from the condition being treated, patients chosen will be assessed using inclusion / exclusion criteria. This can be discussed with the hospital liaison nurse.
- Environment – the home environment needs to be conducive to home care delivery. If unsure, TCP Homecare can complete a home risk assessment prior to the patient being considered for home treatment.
Chemotherapy in the Home
Conditions successfully piloted with home based chemotherapy treatments include breast cancer, colorectal cancer and multiple myeloma. Critical success factors for treatments include contact with the prescribing doctor, quality control and a positive patient experience.