Market Access Overview
The current global economic crisis and the rising power of the payor in prescribing decisions demands a fundamental shift in how the pharmaceutical industry communicates value.
In Ireland, as with many other European markets, the HSE is moving towards a reimbursement model that is driven by what economic value a product can demonstrate over and above existing treatments.
Some of the key characteristics of the new Irish market landscape are as follows;
- Speciality medicines are driving pharma growth
- The payor/HSE is increasing the emphasis on patient outcomes
- The pharma supply chain needs to become more flexible, and ultimately more efficient
- The incidence of chronic diseases is increasing steadily
- The HSE is beginning to focus on prevention rather than treatment
- The HSE, in an effort to control costs, will increasingly seek prescribing efficiencies
- In some cases, pharma companies will need to track the performance of their products in order to maintain reimbursement status
TCP Group is working with many of the leading pharmaceutical companies in devising strategies to support their brands in the community and demonstrate value to the HSE. Whether it is devising a fully integrated logistics and homecare solution for a specialist product, or increasing medication adherence for a chronic disease, TCP has the expertise to support your on-going market access strategy.
How can TCP support your brand?
- By providing a data driven distribution solution, either Direct-to-Patient or Direct-to-Pharmacy that enhances the control of your supply chain
- By providing nurse led support services that deliver value for your customers
- By increasing patient adherence to the prescribed medication
- By collecting outcomes data associated with your brand